Carrot and Beet Fried RiceCourse: 1Cuisine: continentialDifficulty: easy
– 1 cup uncooked rice
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 medium carrots, diced
– 1 medium beet, diced
– 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the rice and cook it according to the package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the chopped carrots and beet to the skillet. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, grated ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir everything together and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot as a side dish or as a main course.