Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Chicken Quinoa Bowls(Spicy)🌶️Cuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
Chicken quinoa bowls are the new quick and easy meal-prep dinners that boast an impressive combination of lean protein, healthy grains, and fresh vegetables that are perfect for staying healthy in the office. Why suffer through another boring lunch that leaves you feeling lethargic when you can enjoy a healthy, refreshing chicken quinoa bowl today?🌶️🌶️🌶️
2 Chicken Breasts
3 tbsp Sour Cream
56 g Baby Spinach
80 g Roma Tomato
7 g Chives
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Garlic, cloves
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika-Garlic Blend
½ cup White Quinoa
2.5 tbsp Olive Oil
¼ tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Sugar
0.5 tsp Salt (or as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Wash and dry all produce (for hygiene)
- In a medium, pot Add 1 cup water, 1/8 tsp salt, and quinoa, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed 15-18 min. Remove the pot from heat and let stand, still covered, for 5 min. Transfer quinoa to a strainer. Run cold water over quinoa until cool. Set aside to drain.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. While the pan heats, pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, and Smoked Paprika-Garlic Blend.
- When the pan is hot, add 1/2 tbsp oil, then chicken. Cook until golden, 2-3 min per side.
- Transfer chicken to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the middle of the oven until chicken is cooked through, 12-14 min.
- While chicken bakes, cut the tomato into 1/2-inch pieces. Zest, then juice lemon. Thinly slice chives. Peel, then mince or grate garlic. Core, then finely chop jalapeño, removing seeds for less heat.
- Add mayo, sour cream, garlic, half the chives, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp sugar, and 1 1/2 tbsp jalapeños to a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then stir to combine.
- Add quinoa, lemon zest, half the chives, and 1/2 tbsp oil to a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then stir to combine.
- Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 1/2 tbsp oil to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk to combine. Add spinach and tomatoes to the large bowl with vinaigrette, then toss to combine.
- Thinly slice chicken. Divide quinoa and salad between bowls. Top with chicken. Drizzle with your favorite salad dressing over top.
- Wala! Enjoy your Meal