Jellof Rice (Nigeria)
Nigerian Jellof rice is one of the continental dishes in Africa. It is a rich and incredibly tasty West African meal, which is served in different gatherings/ceremonies like weddings, naming ceremonies, burials, birthdays, and many other gatherings.
Jellof Rice (Nigeria)Course: MainCuisine: NigeriaDifficulty: Easy
Nigerian Jollof is one of the continental dishes in Africa. It is a rich and incredibly tasty West African meal, which is served in different gatherings/ceremonies like weddings, naming ceremonies, burials, birthdays, and many other gatherings.
2- 5 Cups Rice
2 large Onions
2 counts Green Bell pepper
400g Tomato paste
300g Carrot (chopped)
1 Can Corn
1 Can Green pea
2 Cups Vegetable oil or Butter
21/2 Tablespoon Salt
2 Seasoning Cubes(Knorr or Maggi)
3 cloves garlic
1 Medium Ginger root
1 Tablespoon turmeric (optional)
2 Tablespoon crayfish (blended)
1Lb Meat/fish of your choice.
- Add 2 to 5 cups of rice in a pot, rinse properly, and cook for about 2 -7 minutes
- Pour it into a sieve to remove water from it, and do a quick rinse with cold water, then set aside
- In a blender, add your tomatoes, Pepper, ginger, garlic, 1 onion, blend all together, and set aside
- Place a cooking pot on the stove, allow to heat up for about 40sec to 1minute, pour vegetable oil in it, add already sliced onions with blended pepper and tomato, add salt, carrot, blended Crayfish, and all other ingredients
- Allow stemming for few minutes
- Pour the per boiled rice into the sauce and steer together
- To make this delicacy rich enough, chopped scent leave(mint leaf) can be added, which will also excite the aroma.
- Jollof is best served with Fried Chicken, Grilled Chicken, Grilled fish, Boiled egg with fried Plantain(any of your choice)
- One has to be careful with the number of ingredients that will be used in Jollof rice preparation, so as not to end up preparing a concoction.
- All ingredients must be in right proportion with the cup of rice per-boiled