Flavorful, crunchy, 8-ingredient mango salsa! Perfect for dipping, bowls, tacos, and more. Just 20 minutes and 1 bowl required!
Mango SalsaCourse: Appetizer, Dip, SideCuisine: Latin-InspiredDifficulty: Medium
3/4 cup finely chopped ripe mango* (1 large mango yields ~3/4 cup)
1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (1 small pepper yields ~1 cup)
2 Tbsp finely chopped jalapeño (1 small jalapeño yields ~2 Tbsp)
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion (or sub green onion for mellower onion flavor)
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
2-3 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, toss together all of the ingredients (mango, bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper). Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more salt for overall flavor, lime for acidity, jalapeño for heat, or mango for sweetness.
- Serve with tortilla chips, in burrito bowls, on tacos, or just eat it straight with a spoon!
- Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Not freezer friendly.
- Be sure to use a ripe fresh mango that is sweet and juicy. Our favorite varieties are champagne (also called Ataulfo or honey mango) and Tommy Atkins mangoes.
- Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with the lesser amount of lime juice.
- Nutrition (1 of 4 servings)
- Serving: 1 half-cup serving Calories: 42 Carbohydrates: 10.3 g Protein: 0.9 g Fat: 0.3 g Saturated Fat: 0.1 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1 g Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 295 mg Potassium: 187 mg Fiber: 1.8 g Sugar: 8 g Vitamin A: 1754 IU Vitamin C: 71.8 mg Calcium: 12.3 mg Iron: 0.3 mg