This Molten Lava Cake is perfect for you if you love chocolate! So rich, fudgy, decadent, luscious, and yummy! The recipe is vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, and easy to make!
Vegan Lava CakeCourse: KetoCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Medium
1 slightly heaped cup (100 g) oats (ground into flour) gluten-free if needed (*see notes)
7 tbsp finely (50 g) ground almonds (see recipe notes)
5 1/2 tbsp (70 g) brown sugar or coconut sugar
3 tbsp (20 g) cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup (160 ml) plant-based milk
One small (80 g) banana (see recipe notes)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 oz (40 g) dairy-free chocolate of choice (see recipe notes)
- recommend using a kitchen scale for this recipe. Also, check the video in the blog post for visual instructions.
- Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C) and grease one big ramekin (5 1/2 inches diameter) or 4 small ones (you can also use silicone muffin molds or aluminum muffin molds or mugs).
- Process all dry ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix again until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekin and place the chocolate into the center.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. If you use small molds the baking time will be approximately 15 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the mold. Enjoy!
- Oats: Simply process oats in a blender or electric coffee/spice grinder until you have flour.
- Flour substitute: One reader reported that whole wheat flour works great instead of oat flour.
- Almonds: You can use ground shredded unsweetened coconut (or ground coconut flakes) instead of ground almonds (almond flour).
- Banana: 1/3 cup applesauce might be a good substitute for the banana.
- Chocolate: It depends on the type of chocolate whether you will have a lava-like runny center or not. I have successfully used dairy-free chocolate chips. This is how: Melt 30 grams of dairy-free chocolate chips with 1/2 tbsp coconut milk in a double boiler and pour the mixture into a silicone muffin mold. Put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until firm. Then use it like regular chocolate.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Vegan Lava Cake Amount Per Serving Calories 330Calories from Fat 117 % Daily Value* Fat 13g20% Carbohydrates 42g14% Fiber 8g32% Sugar 23g26% Protein 8g16%