Light, airy, and creamy vegan Peanut Butter Mousse. This fluffy dairy-free dessert literally melts in your mouth. The recipe is easy to make with only 6 simple ingredients, it’s gluten-free and can be made nut-free & refined sugar-free.
Vegan Peanut Butter MousseCourse: KetoCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Medium
6 oz (170 g) silken tofu firm, drained (*see notes)
1 small banana (*see notes)
1/2 cup (120 g) creamy peanut butter (*see notes)
3 tbsp (60 g) maple syrup (*see notes)
1/3 to 1/2 cup (100 ml) aquafaba from one 15 oz can of chickpeas
1 tsp lemon juice or lime juice
- Add silken tofu, banana, peanut butter, and maple syrup to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Put the container into the refrigerator.
- To whip up the aquafaba, simply drain the chickpea water into a large and clean mixing bowl (see step-by-step photos in the blog post above). You will need 1/3 to 1/2 cup (100 ml) of chickpea water. Don’t use more and discard the rest or freeze it for later use.
- Whip up the aquafaba with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Add the lemon juice (or lime juice) after about 8 minutes and whip until you have stiff peaks. It takes about 10 minutes in total. If you can invert the mixing bowl, you can stop mixing. If not, keep going for a few more minutes.
- Gently fold the aquafaba into the peanut butter mixture by using a spatula.
- Then spoon the mousse into 2 large or 4 small clean jars and put them into the refrigerator to set, preferably overnight. You can also freeze the mousse for about one hour! Decorate with dairy-free chocolate and enjoy cooled! Check the recipe notes below for substitutes.
- For a soy-free version, try out the soy-free, vegan cream cheese. Read the blog post above for more helpful tips.
- If you don’t like bananas, leave them out and use vegan cream cheese instead!
- I used unsweetened creamy peanut butter. You can use almond butter or any other nut butter. Use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version.
- You can use a different sweetener like date syrup, rice malt syrup, agave syrup, etc.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse Amount Per Serving Calories 276 Calories from Fat 153% Daily Value* Fat 17g26% Saturated Fat 4g20% Carbohydrates 24g8% Fiber 3g12% Sugar 16g18% Protein 10g20%
- Hand mixer*